Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch Review

Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch ReviewThis book is so cute with its modish drawings of 20-somethings, like a scene out of that TV series Friends, that I almost bought it. Me. An experienced witch in her 40's.
I sat in a bookstore and looked through it at length. It's almost like a high-fashion comic book, what with all the drawings. But what I couldn't figure out was, who is this aimed at?
It seems to be aimed at the postadolescent, just out of college and moving to the big city for her first apartment, roommate, job, etc. (I guess this is where the teen witch is supposed to go when she graduates from Silver Ravenwolf-land? I always wondered about that, anyway.)
BUT...
Most postadolescents I know are rather uncreative in terms or religion (if indeed witchcraft is viewed as a religion, which is a matter of personal choice). They tend to either ignore it or go along with what they were taught as children. Many of the more committed act on beliefs formed during college or high school (which is probably a good explanation for all that "teen witch" marketing). Generally, however, it seems like early 20's are so busy trying to set up their lives that they don't have time to think about it. Either that, or they were raised in the Craft. For someone in this last category, this book will probably be of no use or interest.
If you're a non-witch, don't expect to learn anything about witchcraft from this book (except a tiny bit of window dressing about how a spell is constructed), and don't expect the spells to work unless you're really lucky or specially talented. Just look at the pictures and enjoy them. The illustrator who worked on this book is hugely gifted.
Other than that, I really can't tell who the audience for this book might be. Perhaps it might make a good gag gift on the birthday of that friend who has everything.Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch Overview

Want to learn more information about Hex and the City: Sophisticated Spells for the Urban Witch?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment