Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials for Mastering Magick? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials for Mastering Magick. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials for Mastering Magick ReviewI loved the author's first book, Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters, so I was excited to see she had a new book coming out. I got it as soon as it became available. I've spent some time with it, and overall I like it. It was a bit disappointing to find out that it was shorter than her first book, but it's the content that counts, right?The book starts with "Prologue: For the Novice," basically a chapter for those who are completely new to magic (in which case, I'd highly recommend the author's first book). This chapter introduces the reader to visualization, the chakras, and grounding and centering. The first proper chapter, "The Foundation," talks about will and focus (clarifying your intent), and trigger words (basically, a shortcut to a magical state). Some of these concepts were interesting, but I don't see how some of it (trigger words) really goes with the rest of the book. That part could have been explained more clearly. Chapter two, "Adding Energy," shows the reader how to raise energy, and then how to use it in spellcasting (directing, charging, blocking). This chapter has an interesting money spell using just a fig and energy that I can see myself trying out in the future when money's tight. Chapter three, "Working with the Elements," is all about connecting and working with the elementals. It's a pretty good intro to working with these beings, better than any I've read before. Too bad I'm not interested in working with elementals! Chapter four, "The Tools of Magick," is about using energy with some basic tools. There's some talk about making tea, reading tea leaves, making magical oils and tinctures, some basic candle magic, and basic sympathetic magic. The most interesting part for me was about sympathetic magic using poppets. My favorite chapter in the whole book is chapter five, "Thought Constructs." This chapter is basically about creating thoughtforms (the author prefers to call them "thought constructs"). She talks about creating simple and complex thoughtforms, and how to get rid of them once their task is complete. The only problem I had with this chapter is that I wished it was longer! Either way, it's a pretty solid introduction to spellcasting with thoughtforms. The last chapter, "Putting It All Together," is exactly what it sounds like: how to use all the skills discussed in the rest of the book in your spellwork. The first technique introduced is about creating an anchor (basically an object that you charge with a lot of energy to which you can attach a thoughtform that can feed off it). I've seen this kind of thing discussed online, but this is the first time I've seen this concept in print, so that was a nice surprise. There's also a discussion of advanced sympathetic magic using anchors and thought constructs, that I wish had more in-depth examples, because I found it a bit confusing at first. There's a good manifesting technique using writing that I can see myself using. There's also an influencing technique using just energy that could be useful. This, along with the previous chapter, was my favorite. The sad thing was that this was the shortest chapter in the whole book. It would have been nice to see more techniques or maybe some in-depth examples with the techniques already discussed.
Overall, this is a pretty good book. If you're new to magic, this book (and her first one) is pretty much a must have. It's better than about 99% of books on the subject that are available today, especially if you work within the energy model of magic. This is the best kind of magic book: it's a book of techniques, not spells. Once you understand the technique, you'll have no trouble writing a spell for pretty much any need. It was also nice to see some examples of magic working from the author's personal life. The reason I give this book 4 stars instead of 5, is that most of it wasn't really new to me, and the stuff that really interested me (mainly thought constructs) could have been talked about more. I rarely buy magic books these days because most of them don't interest me (and I already have more than enough), but I don't regret buying The Un-Spell Book at all. It's a welcome addition to my library and I'm looking forward trying out some of the techniques discussed.The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials for Mastering Magick Overview
Want to learn more information about The Un-Spell Book: Energy Essentials for Mastering Magick?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment